Traits Polymorph, Transmutation
Actions Somatic Casting, Verbal Casting
Duration 1 minute or until dismissed
You transform into a Medium animal battle form. You count as an animal in addition to your normal traits while in this form. Your gear is absorbed into your form; the constant abilities of your gear still function, but you can’t activate any item abilities. When you transform, you gain the following:
- Low-light vision.
- Treat your Athletics bonus as +12, unless your own bonus is already higher.
- AC 23 (TAC 20), ignore armor’s check penalty and reduced Speed.
- 10 temporary Hit Points that go away when you leave your battle form.
Each form grants one or more natural melee attacks, as detailed in the insect types below, which are the only types of attacks you can use. You’re trained with them. When attacking with them, your attack modifier is +10 and your damage bonus is +2. These are Strength-based attacks (for the purposes of the enfeebled condition, for example).
The special statistics of your battle form can be adjusted only by penalties, circumstance bonuses, and conditional bonuses.
Your battle form prevents you from casting spells, speaking, or using most actions with the manipulate trait that require hands (the GM determines which actions of this sort you can take if there’s doubt).You can dismiss this spell with a Concentrate on the Spell action.
If you prepare this spell, choose from the following options.
When in battle form, you gain the attacks, movement types, and special abilities listed. You can choose a more specific type of animal to turn into (such as a ladybug or scarab for beetle). This has no effect on your battle form’s size or statistics.
- Ant mandibles, Damage 2d6 bludgeoning; Speed 30 feet, climb 30 feet.
- Beetle mandibles, Damage 2d10 bludgeoning; Speed 25 feet.
- Centipede darkvision; mandibles, Damage 1d8 piercing plus 1d4 persistent poison; Speed 25 feet, climb 25 feet.
- Mantis scent; foreleg, Damage 2d8 bludgeoning; Speed 40 feet.
- Scorpion darkvision, tremorsense 60 feet; stinger, Damage 1d8 piercing plus 1d4 persistent poison; pincer (agile), Damage 1d6 bludgeoning; Speed 40 feet.
- Spider darkvision; fangs, Damage 1d6 piercing plus 1d4 persistent poison; web (touch attack, range increment 20 feet), Damage entangles the target for 1 round; Speed 25 feet, climb 25 feet.
Heightened (4th) Your battle form is Large and your attacks have 10-foot reach. You must have enough space to expand into or the spell fails and is lost. Your transformed statistics are as follows:
Athletics +14; AC 26 (TAC 22); 15 temporary HP; attack modifier +13; damage bonus +6.
Heightened (5th) Your battle form is Huge and your attacks have 15-foot reach. You must have enough space to expand into or the spell fails and is lost. Your transformed statistics are as follows:
Athletics +18; AC 28 (TAC 24); 20 temporary HP; attack modifier +15; damage bonus +2 and double the number of weapon damage dice (including those of persistent damage).