Traits Polymorph, Transmutation
Actions Somatic Casting, Verbal Casting Duration 1 minute or until dismissed
You transform into a Medium animal battle form. You count as an animal in addition to your normal traits. Your gear is absorbed into you; the constant abilities of your gear still function, but you can’t activate it. When you transform, you gain the following:
- AC 22 (TAC 20), ignore armor’s check penalty and reduced Speed.
- One or more unarmed melee attacks, which are the only types of attacks you can use. You’re trained with them. Your attack modifier is +10 and your damage bonus is +5. These are Strength based (for the purpose of enfeebled, for example). 10 temporary Hit Points while you have the form.
- Low-light vision.
- Athletics bonus of +11 unless your own is higher.
These special statistics can be adjusted only by penalties, circumstance bonuses, and conditional bonuses. Your battle form prevents casting spells, speaking, or using most actions with the manipulate trait that require hands. (The GM decides if there’s doubt.) You can dismiss the spell with a concentrate action.
If you prepare this spell, choose from the options below. You gain the attacks, Speeds, and special abilities listed. You can choose the specific type of animal (such as lion or snow leopard for cat). This has no effect on size or statistics.
- Ape Speed 25 feet, climb Speed 20 feet; scent; fist, Damage 2d6 bludgeoning
- Bear Speed 25 feet; scent; jaws, Damage 2d8 piercing; claw (agile), Damage 1d8 slashing.
- Bull Speed 30 feet; scent; horn, Damage 2d8 piercing.
- Canine Speed 40 feet; scent; jaws, Damage 2d8 piercing.
- Cat Speed 40 feet; scent; jaws, Damage 2d6 piercing; claw (agile), Damage 1d10 slashing.
- Deer Speed 45 feet; scent; antler, Damage 2d6 piercing.
- Frog Speed 25 feet, swim, Speed 25 feet; scent; jaws, Damage 2d6 bludgeoning; tongue (reach 15 feet), Damage 2d4 bludgeoning.
- Shark swim Speed 35 feet; scent; jaws, Damage 2d8 piercing.
- Snake Speed 20 feet, climb Speed 20 feet, swim Speed 20 feet; scent; fangs, Damage 2d4 piercing plus 1d6 poison.
Heightened (4th) Your battle form is Large and your attacks have 10-foot reach. You must have enough space to expand or the spell is lost. Your statistics are AC 25 (TAC 22); attack modifier +14; damage bonus +9; 15 temporary HP; Athletics +14.
Heightened (5th) Your battle form is Huge and your attacks have 15-foot reach. You must have enough space to expand or the spell is lost. Your statistics are AC 27 (TAC 24); attack modifier of +16; damage bonus +7 and double the number of damage dice; 20 temporary HP; Athletics +18.